Funding for women: global opportunities
- East West Center Changing Faces Women’s Leadership Seminar 2023 16 March LINK
- European Leadership Academy Summer School for Female Leadership in the Digital Age 2023 (Full funded to Spain) 15 March LINK
- WeXchange Women STEMpreneurs Competition 2023 for Latin America and Caribbean LINK
- Innovation Ventures Women Business Accelerator 2023 (up to $30,000) LINK
- UNESCO-TWAS Seed Grant for New African Principal Investigators (SG-NAP) 2023 (up to $67,700) LINK
- Inspiring Women in Science Awards 2023 ($50,000 prize) LINK
- Vital Voices Visionaries Programme 2023 for Women Leaders LINK
- Acumen Academy Gender Equity and Advancement Accelerator 2023 (full funded) LINK
- VV Engage Fellowship Programme 2023 for Women Leaders LINK
- BMGA Fellows Programme 2023 for Young Women from Africa and Asia LINK
- Gender Responsive Agriculture Systems Policy (GRASP) fellowship 2023 LINK
- Mawazo Fellowship Programme 2023 for African Women (Funded) LINK
- WomEng #1millionGirlsinSTEM Ambassador Programme 2023 LINK
- Women Digital Entrepreneurship Program 2023 for Young Nigerians LINK
- TWAS-Fayzah M. Al-Kharafi Award 2023 for Women Scientists from ST-Lagging countries (up to $4,000) LINK
- WWSF Prize for Women’s Creativity in Rural Life 2023 ($1,000 prize) LINK
- Women’s International Fund for Education Scholarships LINK
- WE Empower UN SDG Challenges 2023 for Women Social Entrepreneurs ($20,000 grant) LINK
- IWMF Elizabeth Neuffer Fellowship 2023 for Women Journalists (Fully Funded) LINK
Northern Ireland and the Windsor Framework
The new Windsor Framework proposed by Rishi Sunak and his Government as a way to deal with goods coming into and out of Northern Ireland has received positive reactions from most local and national stakeholders as a post Brexit solution.
The Northern Ireland Protocol would remain in place as well as the Brexit treaty.
It is still under consideration by the DUP
The Windsor Framework would reduce paperwork, lower cost and improve access to products for Northern Irish businesses. It would position Northern Ireland as a place to do business and attract not only businesses from elsewhere in the UK but global businesses with access to both the UK and Europe.
Trade Horizons advisors are market entry experts: our team of in-country experts assist companies to export, import and enter new locations by using strategies that have stood the test of time and evidence-based advice. Trade Horizons assists companies to plan to distribute and deliver goods or services to a new target market. Contact one of our experts today.
US and Europe Angle for New Deal to Resolve Climate Spat
The EU and US will meet this week in the hope to sort out some kind of deal to give Europe access to electric vehicle subsidies offered by the US Government. We wrote about why recently, read our article here.
How a global minimum tax will affect sustainability tax incentives
A new report by EY says that green tax incentives and global minimum tax may be incompatible. Reda more here.
Large businesses must notify HMRC of uncertain tax treatments
As of April 2022 large businesses were required by law to notify HMRC if they adopt an uncertain treatment in their tax accounting rather than HMRC’s known position. Read more here.
Kazakhstan attracts foreign investors
Kazakhstan seems to be attracting foreign investment that would have been destined for Russia. Read more here.
Vietnam views for Japanese investment
The Vietnamese province of Vinh Phuc is seeking to attract more investment from Japan. Read more here.
Global FDI outperformed M&A in 2022
In 2022 FDI amounted to larger investment than M&A deals. Read more here.